Apricot Energy Bites for the Road Trip
With just 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, these Apricot Energy Bites are a perfect snack for your next road trip. Healthy, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, need we say more?
This time of year we love to explore the outdoors, so we like to go camping, trekking, visits to the museums, parks and zoos, and a lot of weekend picnics and road trips. From our experience, if you want to make traveling with kids more pleasant, not only do you need to carry enough activities for them to keep them busy, but good food for car travel is important too. Let’s face it: While you are on the road, you don’t want to deal with your kids getting high from all the sugar in junk food. And of course, your chances of finding healthy food along the highway are pretty slim. So with just a little bit of planning and preparation can make your road trip so much more pleasant and fun.
Typically before any road trip, one of our rituals is a trip to Target to get everything we need for our trip. From groceries, disposables, accessories, bug repellents, books, outdoor games, sunscreens & sunglasses, everything is available under one roof. It’s a blessing that the nearest Target is less than a mile away.
Last week, we wanted to make some healthy snack to carry for our roadtrip. So besides the above list we also got some rolled oats, dried apricots and shredded coconut to make some Apricot Energy Bites for the road trip. Everything you need for this recipe is easily available in Target. These Energy Bites are ready in just 10 minutes with just 3 ingredients. They not only make a great snack for a roadtrip but are great for a pre or post workout snack too. These delicious Apricot Energy Bites are only full of goodness. They have a great health quotient; they are vegan, gluten-free, paleo sugar-free and dairy-free too. These balls are good for everyone. So let’s get started
- 1 cup organic dried apricots
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut powder (shreds ground into a powder)
- Pulse the dried apricots, rolled oats and shredded coconut in the food processor to process it till it comes together.
- Take a small amount of mixture and roll it into a small ball. Repeat this process until you have used all of the mixture.
- You may put a little water on your hands to prevent too much sticking.
- Roll each ball in the coconut to coat. You can powder the shredded coconut into a powder.
- Pack the bites in a zip lock and voila you are ready to go.