Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake
Fall is one of our favorite seasons. The leaves on trees start to change color, the weather cools down, we can’t break out our favorite pair of jeans and booties. It’s a win, win! With cooler weather comes a reason to bake treats and we love any excuse to do some baking.
Today we’re sharing one of our favorite fall recipes and one you’re going to be whipping up for every dinner party you attend and, well, somedays for no reason at all.
Here’s what you need:
- Bundt cake pan (I recommend this one)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 apples (medium size, peeled and chopped)
- Carmel Apple Frosting (Pillsbury, it’s seasonal so stock up)
Let’s get Baking:
- Pre-Heat oven to 325F degrees. Spray your bundt pan with non stick butter spray.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set it aside for now. In a medium bowl mix (I used my Kitchenaid mixer with whisk attachment) your canola oil, Greek yogurt, dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps remaining, but don’t over mix.
- Add your apple chunks to your mix and combine with cake mix using a spatula.
- Pour mix into your bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until you test and have a clean toothpick.
- Allow the cake to cool on a rack and then invert it to a serving plate when you’re ready to serve.
- Before serving: take 3/4 cup of your Caramel Apple frosting and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds so it softens. Pour over top of your bundt cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve and Enjoy!! Happy baking friends!