Easy Corn Chowder
This is a very easy and healthy weekday dinner you can serve to your family. It’s one of our go to Fall dinner recipes. Hope you enjoy it.
yields 8 servings
- 4 ears corn
- 2 15 ounce cans whole kernel corn
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces prosciutto finely chopped (bacon would also work great)
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 medium potatoes diced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut kernels from ears of corn and reserve in a bowl.
- Puree the canned corn in a food processor. If you’re using a blender you might want to add some of the chicken broth so make it smoother while you blend.
- Cook onions, cut corn kernels, and prosciutto in Dutch oven over medium heat until the corn is softened (8-10 minutes)
- Add potatoes, corn puree, and chicken broth to Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes)
- Stir in cream and and cheese and serve warm.