Easy Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
Summer grill season is almost here!! And if you’re like me, you’re brushing off your arsenal of go-to grilling recipes and party-perfect sides. But don’t you ever get sick of the same old thing?? I do! I recently made a fun twist on traditional meatballs, and it would make for the perfect summer BBQ appetizer: My Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe — spoiler alert: it only requires three ingredients!
What you need:
- 1 bottle of Barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays 18oz bottle!)
- 1/2 can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 bag of meatballs – recipe is for a 24 oz bag, adjust for bigger portions
- salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Start by adding the BBQ sauce and crushed pineapple to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Once simmering, add the meatballs. If your meatballs are frozen, stir and cook at a boil for 12-15 minutes, or 8-10 minutes if they are thawed!
- For a party, serve with toothpicks for easy snacking.
- For an easy weeknight dinner, serve over rice and enjoy!
These meatballs are best enjoyed warm, so if you are traveling to a party, just pop them in the microwave before serving! Enjoy!