End of Summer Mojito
As summer is drawing closer to an end, we are not quite ready to trade in our fresh fruit cocktails for spiced warm ciders. With watermelon still on the shelves we thought we would put that juicy fruit to use. What better way to do so than with a watermelon mojito? That’s exactly what we decided – today, settle in and take notes – this mouth watering watermelon mojito is sure to be a hit.
Here’s how you’ll make it!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 3 cups fresh watermelon (we used one small watermelon to produce this amount)
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup white rum
- Soda water
- Mint leaves
How to make it:
- Remove the rind and seeds from the watermelon and cut it into chunks.
- Place the watermelon into a food processor and puree it into a juice – we love the Nutri Ninja!
- In the bottom of your pitcher, muddle and mash your mint leaves to release the flavors.
- Pour your watermelon juice into the pitcher over the mint leaves.
- Add in the lime juice, rum, simple syrup and mix it all together.
- Pour into individual serving glasses over ice and garnish with mint – enjoy! Cheers to sippin’ on summer! We hope you love it!