Holiday Leftover Sammie
There’s always a nostalgic sadness that takes over when the holidays pass and suddenly you find yourself cleaning up Christmas decorations and taking down holiday cards. As you pack up, you wish the holidays wouldn’t fly by so quickly and you vow to yourself to slow down next year and be present more. While your decorations might be tucked away in your attic, you can still enjoy a piece of the holiday with this delicious holiday leftover sammie. This is one you’re definitely going to want to try at home and share it with friends and family. The best part?! All these ingredients can be found at Target!
Here’s what you need:
- Bread (we used sourdough)
- Leftover Turkey (you can substitute chicken or pork)
- Brie Cheese
- Cranberry sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Butter (for toasting bread)
Let’s make a Sammie:
- Slice up your turkey and brie cheese.
- Add both to a piece of bread.
- Add your cranberry sauce and pesto sauce.
- Toast the outside of the top piece of bread and put it on the griddle facing butter side down.
- Be sure to butter the other side before you flip your sammie
- Cook on the griddle til the bread browns. Or if you have a panini maker, that’s a great way to cook your sammie too!
Serve and Enjoy! And while you’re at Target picking up the yummy ingredients for your Holiday Leftover Sammie, be sure to pop by the holiday aisle and enjoy all the great discounts they’re offering!