How to Prep Your Fridge for Thanksgiving
We love Thanksgiving and the idea that food can bring us together, and boy do we love leftovers. It’s important to get your fridge ready for the Holiday, making sure it’s clean inside and out, and that you have enough space and storage for leftovers. Here are some tips and products you can use
- First, the good news – if there ARE any leftovers, you can freeze pretty much everything except for salad and green bean casserole!
- Turkey – remove the meat from the bones first, cut into thin slices and store.
- Anything that is still hot – stuffing, potatoes – package and allow to cool first before freezing. This helps preserve the texture and prevents freezer burn.
- Don’t re-freeze anything that was already frozen (anything pre-made, pre-cooked).
- Save the original containers whenever possible for easy storage and identifications!
- Don’t forget to label and date your leftovers – everything looks the same once it’s packaged!