Keep Your Lazy Cat Healthy
Cats have a well-deserved reputation for laziness. Who doesn’t envy all that stretching out and napping? But your cat – like you – needs exercise and stimulation to stay healthy AND out of mischief (anyone else have furniture that doubles as a scratching post?). Here are our top tips to keep your favorite fuzzy friend happy, healthy and playful.
- Set aside some time every day to play with your cat. Find the right toys – cats love to chase around small toys or jump at feathers or dangling ribbons. Also, who could forget the laser pointer or other battery-operated toys? Try out a few different kinds to see what your cat loves!
- Don’t underestimate the importance of good food. Many pet experts and veterinarians recommend a grain-free food to make sure your cat is getting an optimal amount of protein.
- Be sure you’re providing constant access to fresh water, especially during meal times.
- Another fun activity are “food puzzles” – recommended if your cat eats too fast or even for treats!
- To preserve your furnishing, consider a separate scratching post.
- Cats also love “vertical” places to hide and sleep away from the fray!
- Finally, who could forget CATNIP! Just a small amount on a bed or stuffed in a toy will keep a cat happy and occupied for hours!
This fun cat feeder is also a game that features 6 tunnels that food or treats can be released into. Your kitty must use their paws to collect their reward. A great option for cats who eat too fast and a fun learning activity for your cat!
Catnip Cork Mouse
Crafted with a generous helping of potent catnip, this mouse-shaped cat toy will entice your cat and keep them busy and occupied for hours. A great way to promote movement and exercise.
Iams Purrfect Grain Free Wet Cat Food
Your cat will love this 100 percent real meat premium cat food. This multi-pack contains three different cat-pleasing flavors and is sure to please even the most finicky kitties.
CleanFlow Cat Water Fountain
The Ceramic CleanFlow has splash-free whirlpool filtration and quiet, worry-free mechanics so your pet always benefits from the durable Ceramic CleanFlow Water Bowl. The included reservoir assures fresh water is always available. Easy cleaning and dishwasher safe.
Kitty City Cat Play Tower
This cat playground is so fun and is designed for both relaxation and play. The sisal ramp and posts and top perch with a fun tree mobile will keep the kitties busy. The lined cat condo offers a perfect place for them to chill out when playtime is done.