Labor Day Salad
Summertime means entertaining. There’s nothing we love more than having people over and creating memories. For our last summer hurrah, labor Day, we are going to throw a party and serve some of our favorite recipes from this summer.
We love having some quick and easy delicious salad recipes on hand. After all, there’s nothing that washes away the guilt of eating a burger or a pizza then adding a delicious and healthy salad to your plate as well. This summer we made this salad for friends a couple of times and it was a huge hit!
Most of these ingredients you can find at Target. If your local Target is out of peaches you can replace the peaches with avocado, strawberries, apples or pears.
What You Need:
- Mixed green salad
- Goat Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Let’s Get Started:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Bake a couple strips of prosciutto for 8-10 minutes or until crispy
- In a large bowl, add your mixed green salad
- Slice your peaches into thin slices and lay them on top of your bed of salad
- Next, break up your baked prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle them on your salad
- Add your goat cheese to the top
- Finally, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dress your salad. Be sure to wait to do this right before you serve it. As a side note, if you’re making this salad ahead of time and plan to refrigerate it, I recommend waiting to add the prosciutto til you’re ready to serve so it stays nice and crunchy.
Happy Labor Day friends!