Mini Glitter Rainbow Planters
Boy, were we excited when we saw mini planters at Target last week! Everyone has their own true signs of spring, whether it’s birds singing in the morning, that first day wearing short sleeves, or dressing up for spring holidays. By far, planters mean so many things! They mean gardening (yay!). And they mean making Mini Glitter Rainbow Pots. We use these for St. Patrick’s Day fun, but they can certainly be used for Pride month in June too. No doubt, rainbow glittery things are a sign of spring.
Mini Glitter Rainbow Pots
- (6) 2.5 in. clay pots
- Glitter in rainbow colors
- White school glue
- Paint brush
- Plastic gold coins
- Paint one terra cotta pot with white school glue using a paintbrush. Do one section at a time.
- Holding the pot with your fingers inside, sprinkle some glitter onto the glue on the pot with your other hand.
- Continue to paint the glue on the pot and sprinkle the glitter on the glue until the entire pot is covered in a layer of glitter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the rest of your pots and glitter colors.
- Let the pots dry completely, and then knock the bottoms of them together gently over the garbage or a paper plate to remove the excess glitter.
- Fill each of the mini glitter pots with plastic gold coins to create a colorful display.
Cute, right? We love to be festive with rainbows for all sorts of reasons. St. Patrick’s Day fun is made better with these mini glitter rainbow pots because you can fill them with coins or chocolates. Other than that, you can use them all spring long for mini gardening projects and for decoration.
What do you think? Would you be excited to make this project? This one is definitely spring-friendly!