Mini Heart-Shaped Pizzas
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, now is the perfect time to get out your heart-shaped cookie cutters (yes, those ones you found at Target!) and get to work on this quick & easy pizza recipe. We always make this recipe to celebrate Valentine’s Day alongside our Anniversary, which is the same month. We both love Target so making a trip to grab the pizza crust and toppings is always a good outing in our book. This recipe is ideal for adults (my fiancé loves them) and kids too. We look forward to having our kids help us make these in the future. Cutting the pepperoni and pizza dough is a great job for little hands. You can even personalize them with any toppings you love. Or even have a pizza party and have everyone make their own. The ideas are endless! The dough we picked up makes it easy to prep and get into the oven for dinner in no time!
Mini Heart-Shaped Pizza
by Alexis Sanchez of Laugh Eat Learn
- 1 Package Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
- 1/2 Cup of Hot Water (not boiling)
- Pepperoni or any other pizza toppings you love
- Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 1-2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 1/2 Cup Flour, for dusting/rolling
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using your smallest cookie cutter, cut out your pepperoni heart-shaped pieces. Stacking a few up will save on time for this step. Save all the extra leftovers of pepperoni and dice them up to add to your pizza as well. If you are adding any other toppings, prep all of these now too. Set aside.
- Dump the contents of the Better Crocker Pizza Crust Mix into a medium sized bowl. Add the hot water to the mixture and stir until formed into a ball of dough. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Flour a clean surface & your rolling pin, leaving a little flour to dust on top of the dough. Place your dough onto the surface and roll out into the thickness of 1/3 of an inch (or so).
- Next, dust your larger heart cookie cutter in flour and begin to cut out the shapes on your pizza dough. Continue throughout the dough surface.
- Gently (using a spatula if you need) transfer the heart dough onto a grease cookie sheet. Arrange them with about 1/2-1 inch apart.
- Add about one teaspoon of tomato sauce to each heart and using a spoon, spread it across the dough.
- Add a pinch of the cut up pepperoni to each pizza then layer with the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle each pizza with Italian seasoning and top with the mini heart shaped pepperoni pieces. I was able to fit two per pizza but you may fit more depending on your cookie cutter size.
- Bake the pizzas for about 6-8 minutes or until the the dough has risen and coloring of pizza is to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving. Remove from the pan, place it on your favorite heart-shaped platter, and ENJOY!
One package of the pizza crust mix will yield around about 15 mini pizzas (depending on the size of your cutter). This recipe can easily be doubled! You might have leftover pepperoni, just save it for more pizzas next time!
Ready to fall in love with these pizzas? Pin it to save!
So, how do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Any special treats you share with your loved ones during this festive time? Comment below and let me know! Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Make sure to pin it above if you want to share with the special people in your life! Find many more delicious treats (and much more!) on my blog and follow me along on Instagram & Facebook for frequent updates!