Outdoor Tic-Tac-Toe Game for Kids
Spring is finally here and we could not be happier! It’s time to shed the long sleeves and jackets and break out the shorts and head outdoors. The best part of being outdoors is just having fun and enjoying the sunshine. There is nothing better than being a kid in the spring time running around without a care in the world. But, keeping them busy when they need a bit of down-time can sometimes be difficult. That’s why this outdoor tic-tac-toe game for kids is perfect for enjoying a relaxing game while still having fun outdoors and Target had all the materials to help me create it.
- wood round craft base – found on the craft aisle at Target
- craft paint
- sharpie or paint pen
- paint brush
- game pieces – we used these dollar section toys for perfect pieces
How to make:
1. Using your craft paint, paint center of wood round and let dry completely. (must be completely dry or next step will not work.)
2. Use your sharpie or paint pen to draw lines to form a tic-tac-toe game board on top of paint.
3. Grab your game pieces and head outdoors. I love these jar full of dinos and superheroes we found in the Target dollar spot. They were absolutely perfect for using as game pieces. Plus, they came in cute plastic containers that are great for holding our pieces when not in use.
4. We headed to our outdoor raised garden bed to play. My youngest son has a grass allergy so he cannot lie in the grass, so this was our best option. But worked great because after the awesome game, the game pieces pulled double duty as action figures and participated in an epic battle.
6. Now, it’s time to enjoy the tic-tac-toe game over and over. I love that they can re-use and replay the game over and over again. Play, head off to do something else and then come back and play some more.