Overnight Raspberry French Toast Bake
I’m so ready for sandals weather, and all my recipes get a little overhaul. We do breakfast big in our household, and when I discovered overnight French toast, my mind was blown. Finally – I can have an amazing recipe ready for Saturday morning, without having to wake up super early to have it ready! Mind = blown.
The other day, while wandering the aisles of Target, I found myself face-to-face with one of those delicious Market Pantry baguettes. Naturally, I grabbed it, and as my mind raced with all the possibilities, I decided to make a spring-y version of my favorite overnight French toast. Thankfully, Target carries everything you need for this recipe!
What you need:
- 4 cups of cubed French bread (about 3/4 of a baguette)
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What you do:
- Spray an oven-safe glass pan with cooking spray. Spread the cubed bread throughout the pan (you want to cover the whole bottom). Then, top with the raspberries. Again, spread these as evenly as possible!
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until it’s well-mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture over the bread/raspberries, making sure to coat everything. (I like to use the measuring cup to pour, as I find it’s much easier to distribute even amounts than pouring from the bowl!)
- Cover and set in fridge overnight. (I usually make this mid-afternoon!)
- In the morning, set the pan out to reach room-temperature as you pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, uncover and cook the French toast for 20-25 minutes, until it is golden brown.
- Removed from oven, cut, and serve! We like to top ours with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries, but syrup is another option! This recipe serves up to 6.
Doesn’t that just look like spring to you?