Thai Chicken Satay With Spicy Peanut Sauce
These mouth-watering Thai Chicken Satay are tangy, melt in your mouth and perfectly balanced with a spicy and creamy peanut dipping sauce.
Its winter time and you must be wondering whats up with me and why I am sharing a summertime recipe. Winters are no fun, primarily because you are confined to the walls of your house and not much to do except to sit bye a warm fire-place and eat some good warm food. I love to grill all year around. I would grill outdoors during summer and inside during winters as most people do :-). Food cravings are prominent during winter and whats a better way to satisfy your cravings than a grill delicacy. This grill recipe is one of my family favorites to grill and i can safely say that this Thai chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce is a delicacy BOMB with amazing flavors!!
This year the winter is very harsh out here in Virginia. It’s not snowing but the temperature is dipping to 5 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill making it feel like -5. While one would want to cuddle up in their bed, its not so easy on my end with both my kids R2 and R3 having their swim practices (3 times a week), piano classes, swim meets on weekends and then for the finale, there is grocery shopping. I love shopping at Target as it makes one part of my chores simple. I can get everything from under one roof which is why I love shopping at Target!!
Coming back to the main reason behind this recipe is that the other day I had gone to target to shop for some formal apparels my boys Piano recital and while I was doing that my hubby R1 went to check out some other aisles ;). The tempting one as clothes shopping is too boring for him and when we met at the check out counter, he had everything I needed to make this delicious Thai Chicken Satay with spicy Peanut sauce . He had been to a Thai restaurant and had ordered this dish and it did not come out good as per his liking. So once again, I had to end up making this dish to satisfy his cravings. I just love cooking food for my R3’s. The sauce is the king for this recipe, it is so quick and simple and can be done in under five minutes. You can have the sauce made early in the day and then all you have to do at dinner time is throw stuff on the griller. This is hands-down my favorite kind of cooking.
For chicken satay marinade
- 1 cup- peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- small bunch cilantro/ roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic/ peeled
- small piece ginger/ peeled
- 2 red chillis/fresh or dry
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime/juiced
- 16 -20 tenderloins piece
- 20 Bamboo Skewers
- Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ⅓ cup peanut, crushed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp red chili flakes( add more according to your taste)
Instructions for chicken satay:
- In a food processor, blend all the above marinade ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Reserve half of the marinade for the Spicy peanut sauce.
- Combine the other half with the chicken, cover, and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Skewer the marinated chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- If using a grill plate or a skillet on your stove, heat one teaspoon of olive oil until sizzling hot.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the frying pan or you will end up with too much meat juice and stewed rather than grilled chicken.
For the spicy peanut sauce:
- With no oil in the pan, toast the crushed peanuts on low to medium heat.
- Add the reserved marinade and coconut milk. Stir and cook until simmering.
- Add in red chili flakes according to your taste.
Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with lime juice before serving it with the Spicy peanut sauce.