Two-Minute Funfetti Mug Cake
Whip up a quick dessert with this colorful vanilla funfetti mug cake that literally takes two minutes to make!
We have a serious sweet tooth in our family. I never know when one of us gets the hankering for a slice of cake or a toothsome cupcake. And you know what? I have developed a neat trick that keeps the family happy.
It’s mug cake! All the flavor of a cake in small individual portions that can quickly be whipped up in a microwave. Yep! Just whisk all your ingredients together in a large mug, zap it in the oven for a minute till done.
And there you have it, a delightful treat in two minutes flat. Like a traditional cake, you can add any flavorings to your basic mug cake recipe. My son loves sprinkles on everything, so I regularly make him this vanilla funfetti cake. It takes just a few simple ingredients and is so colorful and delicious.
You can use any sort of sprinkles or nonpareils to make your funfetti mug cake. If you like, you can mix in some chocolate chips as well. How fun!
Here’s how you make this Two-Minute Funfetti Mug Cake.
- All-purpose flour – 5 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1, large
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp, melted
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
- Wilton Rainbow Sprinkles – 2 tsp, divided
Kitchen helpers you need:
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mug.
- Add an egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Mix in a teaspoon of sprinkles. Sprinkle some more on top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes till just set. The actual time depends on your microwave’s power settings.
- Enjoy warm with powdered sugar, whipped cream or even ice cream if you like!
- You can use any neutral oil instead of coconut oil. You can even use melted butter.
- You can also use non-dairy milk like almond milk.
- You can add some mini chocolate chips if you like. It tastes like a chocolate chip cookie with sprinkles!
I hope you enjoyed this easy recipe for funfetti mug cake. Do make it when you have a sudden dessert craving or just to surprise your loved ones!