Vegan Fudgesicles – easy and delicious homemade pops made using Avocado for that Fudgy, rich, cold and creamy texture – what more could you ask from a frozen treat?. Perfect summertime dessert!
Hi everyone! So its that time of the year where almost all US schools have started or are about to start soon. Both my boys R2 and R3 started their school yesterday and I was so emotional when my little guy R3 was off to his first year in elementary school. Time flies! We were at Target, one of our favorite stores, for shopping school supplies and clothes. While shopping R3 asked me for a cute favor which I could not say no to. He saw chocolate popsicles at target and said Mom, can you please make the one you make at home for us? I’m not talking about just any fudgesicle, either. I’m talking about a creamy, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth, dairy-free Vegan Fudgesicle that packs a nutrient-punch with an interesting ingredient. Do check out the recipe below!
- 2 Avocado skinned and pitted
- 1/2 cup Dark Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Cashew milk/ any milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup /Agave/Honey
- some mini chocolate morsels/optional
- 10 Icepop wooden sticks
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Use a piping bag to get filling into the molds (to avoid a mess). Tap the containers so that the air bubbles pop.
- Stick in the freezer overnight, or until they freeze. (I like to freeze mine for like 24 hrs before eating).
- If your fudgesicles are hard to remove from their containers- run the popsicle mold under hot water briefly and the fudgesicles will come loose.
- If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can pour the mixture into paper cups or ice cube trays and stick them with wooden sticks. Let the mixture freeze for 30 minutes before inserting the sticks if you’re not using a mold to be sure that they stay straight.
For more healthy ideas and recipes, and to stay updated with all the healthy information we share, follow us on Facebook. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram. For two random healthy recipes of the day, follow us on Twitter